KCBS Advertising Specifications
Advertising banners on this web site are offered by time period (per month, with a minimum three month commitment). For a complete rate card and information, click here.
All banner advertising created for the KCBS Web site should:
- Clearly and accurately represent the advertiser’s site and product offerings.
- Emphasize the unique benefits of advertised product offerings.
The editorial guidelines below will ensure the effectiveness of any advertising submitted. We reserve the right to excerise editorial discretion concerning any advertising accepted for this site, however.
Banner Ad Specifications
The following banner sizes are currently available for advertising on the official KCBS Web site. Banners must occupy the entire space of the size allocated. Banners must also be confined to the allocated size and may not expand beyond the frame or encroach on KCBS Web content.
- Top banner: 728 x 90 pixels
- Event sidebar: 213 x 237 pixels
Banner advertisements are acceptable in the following digital formats: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG and .SWF.
Banners must be 50K or smaller.
- Animation is acceptable for banners in .GIF or .SWF formats.
- Animation is restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds.
- Animation frame rate is restricted to a 15-20 fps frame rate.
- Audio and visual effects are allowed, but only when initiated by the user. The default setting for all ads containing audio must have sound turned off. Once sounds are initiated, users must have the ability to turn them off again.
- All Flash banners must use Flash versions 4 - 8
- Any banner advertisement submitted in Flash format is required to be clickable. The following PDF contains instructions on creating an acceptable banner. Due to the formatting of SWF files, KCBS cannot offer services to resolve non-clickable banners and must return them to the advertiser for correction. Any new contract launch date will be rescheduled until a correct SWF banner is submitted.
Clickable Flash banner instructions
Banners must be clear and legible. We reserve the right to disapprove low quality or blurry banner advertisements.
Banner Ad Content
Acceptable Ad Content
We reserve the right to exercise discretion regarding the advertising accepted for this site, as noted in our Terms and Conditions. Therefore, we may not accept advertising related to certain products or services such as, but not limited to, mature sexual themes, nudity and/or sexual activity, crude or indecent language that may be offensive or inappropriate.
Do not mimic system functionality or warnings
- Banners should not pretend to be a system or site warning.
- Banners should not mimic or resemble Windows/Max/Unix dialog boxes or error messages.
- Banners should not have mock animated features, such as drop down menus or search boxes, unless the functionality actually works.
- "Trick to click" banners which may confuse the user are not allowed. This includes ads which simulate a cursor arrow moving and clicking on the ad.
Do not imply inaccurate affiliations
Banners may not imply an affiliation with KCBS unless authorized permission is granted.
Please note that the advertiser or authorized agent is responsible for the content of any advertisement submitted. KCBS Terms and Conditions prohibit intellectual property infringement by advertisers.