Wright® Brand Bacon
Destination: Bacon Domination
2013 Destination: Bacon Domination Rules and RegulationsKCBS COMPETITION REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The 2013 Wright® Brand Bacon – Destination: Bacon Domination Competition (the "Contest") is open only to legal adult residents of the 50 United States and registered participants ("Competitor") in at least one (1) of the Kansas City Barbeque Society ("KCBS") sanctioned barbeque competition events (as outlined below in these official rules) at the time of entry (each such person, together with members of their respective competition team, shall collectively hereafter be an "Entrant"). Participation in the Contest is subject to the competition rules and winner judging process(es) (collectively, the "KCBS Competition Rules") as defined by the KCBS for each of the six (6) regional KCBS events (each a "Regional Event") as described in the schedule further below (the "Event Schedule"), and otherwise meet the criteria specified in these Rules. Specific start and end times for each Regional Event in the KCBS Tour will be as published by KCBS.
2. Sponsor and its Agents: This Contest is sponsored by Wright® Brand Bacon c/o Tyson Foods, Inc ("Sponsor") with onsite administration by Sponsor and certain agents of the Kansas City Barbeque Society and/or MMA Creative, Inc., (collectively, "Sponsor and its Agents"). This Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its Agents, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings) or household members (whether or not related) of each such employee are not eligible to enter.
3. Agreement to these Official Rules: Entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, the KCBS Competition Rules, which can be found here are incorporated herein by reference and the decisions of Sponsor and/or its Agents (the "Judge" of the Contest). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest starts on July 1, 2013, at 12:00 a.m. ET with the first Regional Event listed on the Regional Event Schedule and ends on November 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
5. Entry: To enter this Contest, each team will need to register with the Regional Events in the schedule further below. Furthermore, a team must register at least two weeks prior to each Contest event via the KCBS website.
Limit: Entrants may enter one (1) or more Regional Events, however only one (1) entry will be accepted per Entrant, per Regional Event. Sponsor and its Agents, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person who violates these Official Rules.
6. Contest Format; Scoring System: At the conclusion of each Regional Event on the Regional Event Schedule, KCBS officials will determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place Regional Event winners ("Competition Winners") in the Bacon category. All Competition Winners will be selected under the auspices of the KCBS, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
COMPETITION STRUCTURE - The Wright® Brand Bacon – Destination: Bacon Domination competitions will be judged using KCBS judging and scored based upon taste, tenderness and appearance. Turn-in times will be at the discretion of the event organizer.
ENTRIES - Entries may be cold or warm. Dressing and sauces are allowed. Creativity of bacon use is encouraged. Bacon may be paired with additional proteins or vegetables. Entry must be submitted in a standard turn-in box used by KCBS contest representatives at each participating event. No foreign objects are allowed inside the box. Garnish is optional. Judges will use forks or remove the sample out of the entry box by hand. Six judging portions should be submitted per box.
All winning Entrants (1st through 4th place) will be required to submit a written recipe on designated recipe card for their winning entry prior to any prize money. Recipes become property of Sponsor and its Agents for use of likeness, recipe, name in future promotion/advertising or publishing.
Standard food safety guidelines will be followed. Entrants are limited to one entry per team per Event.
If an Entrant is disqualified at any level, at any time and for any reason by KCBS officials from participation in a Regional Event, the Entrant will likewise be automatically disqualified from further participation in this Contest.
By entering, each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor's administration of this Contest, and awarding of all prizes, is wholly dependent upon KCBS officials' independent and timely administration of all Contest activities, including determination of 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th Place winners for each Regional Event.
By entering, each Entrant further acknowledges that, apart from its reliance on Contest officials to identify winners at each of the Regional Events for purposes of Sponsor's apportioning of points to Entrants and ultimate selection of winners in this Contest, Sponsor has no control in the outcomes, or responsibility for cancellations of Regional events. In the event of a cancellation by KCBS of a Regional Event, that Event, and all corresponding Entries and potential prizes, are voided for purposes of this Contest. All Entrants must follow Sponsor and/or its Agents' directions. All decisions and rulings of Sponsor and/or its Agents are final. Sponsor and or its Agents reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant from participation in this Contest at any level, at any time and for any reason.
7. Prizes; Winner Selection: There are six (6) Grand Champions across six (6) Regional Events in this Contest. Subject to the compliance with these Official Rules and verification of Entrant's cumulative point totals, prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of Regional Events as follows:
Six (6) Wright® Brand Bacon – Destination: Bacon Domination Competition Cash Prizes: At the conclusion of each Regional Event, 1st Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional bacon category will each receive a check in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500 USD), 2nd Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional bacon category will each receive a check in the amount of two hundred fifty dollars ($250 USD) and 3rd Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional bacon category will each receive a check in the amount of one hundred fifty dollars ($150 USD), and 4th Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional bacon category will receive a check in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100 USD) by each Regional Event. MMA Creative will send each Regional Event a check to cover the additional prize money.
Regardless of the number of persons comprising a winning team or Entrant, only one (1) prize will be delivered to the team contact on behalf of his/her team members and it will be the sole responsibility of the team contact to distribute prizes among his/her team members.
In addition to the cash prize described above, the Winner from each of the six events will receive qualification into the Bacon World Championship at the World Food Championships, Nov. 6-10 in Las Vegas. Each winning team will receive a $1000 travel stipend and free entry to compete in the Bacon World Championships. For more information about the World Food Championships visit worldfoodchampionships.com.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Only the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, gratuities, unspecified expenses and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners/teams. Winners/teams assume all liability for use of the prize.
8. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified onsite following the conclusion of the day's Regional Event activities.
9. Right to Use Entrant Name and Likeness: By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to the posting and use of his or her name, hometown and/or photograph and video on Sponsor's and/or its Agents' websites, and in any and all media, social media in and in connection with promotion, publicity and advertising for Wright® Brand Bacon, this Contest, or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Sponsor and/or its Agents may film, record and/or take photographs during any Regional Event, and may use the resulting footage, recordings or photographs for a range of purposes, including, without limitation, for marketing and promoting Sponsor and/or its Agents' products and services. By attending the Regional Event, each Entrant authorizes Sponsor and its Agents to film, record and/or photograph his or her voice and likeness ("Image"), and also grants Sponsor and its Agents the irrevocable right to use any footage, recordings or photographs of him or her recorded or taken during any Regional Event, or any reproduction or modification thereof (collectively, the "Recordings") in any manner and medium throughout the world an unlimited number of times in perpetuity for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition or any other lawful purpose except where prohibited by law. By attending the Regional Event, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant further waives any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which Sponsor may put the Recordings, and releases Sponsor and its Agents from any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Recordings, the Entrant's image or Sponsor's and/or its Agents' use thereof. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
10. General Conditions; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: : SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST BY ANY ENTRANT OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT ASSUMES SOLE LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE OR MODIFY THIS CONTEST IF IT CANNOT BE COMPLETED AS PLANNED DUE TO COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR OTHER CONDITIONS BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO CONTACT ENTRANTS, WHETHER DUE TO TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT FINDS TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR TO BE ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION OR ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. RELEASE. By entering, each Entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its Agents and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, representatives and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant's participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or Entrant's award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
12. Rules and List of Winners. For a copy of the rules, or a list of winners within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Contest, please send your request by mail with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to: Attn: Wright® Brand Bacon – Destination: Bacon Domination Competition c/o MMA Creative, 700 Craighead St. Suite #200, Nashville TN 37204.
13. Regional Event Schedule:
|Pigs & Peaches BBQ Festival||Kennesaw, GA||8/23/2013 - 8/24/2013|
|Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off||Amelia Island, FL||8/23/2013 - 8/24/2013|
|City of Bedford Blues & BBQ Festival||Bedford, TX||8/31/2013 - 9/1/2013|
|International Goat Days Festival BBQ Bash||Millington, TN||9/13/2013 - 9/14/2013|
|Big Buffalo Crossing BBQ Cook-off||Munfordville, KY||10/18/2013 - 10/19/2013|
|Hog Happnin'||Shelby, NC||11/1/2013 - 11/2/2013|
© 2013 Tyson Foods, Inc. Wright and Bigger Better Bacon are trademarks and registered trademarks owned by Tyson Foods, Inc. or its subsidiaries.