Great American BBQ Sweepstakes RulesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have a valid e-mail address and internet access prior to September 4, 2009. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law. Individuals who have won a prize from KCBS and KCBS.us within 180 days (6 months) prior to September 4, 2009 are NOT eligible. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees and board members of KCBS and their affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries, website developers and administrators, and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by robots or scripts are considered to be a direct violation of these Official Rules and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries.
- Drawing and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random drawing held on or about September 30, 2009, by MMA Creative, Inc., (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received. The potential prize winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, and/or U.S. mail. If a potential prize winner cannot be not be reached within three (3) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. In case of dispute as to identity of a potential prize winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user. The “registered user” is the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the registered user of the e-mail address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MAIN SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Prize: (A) One Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win: (i) BBQ Block Party for twenty (20) people provided by the Great American BBQ Tour Team during the month of November, (ii) one (1) Good-One Smoker/Grill, (iii) Year Supply of Tabasco Chipotle Sauce - Twelve (12) bottles, (iv) Year Supply of Weber Grill Creations Kick’n Chicken, Gourmet Burger and Chicago Steak — twelve (12) shakers of each, (v) Year Supply of Kingsford Competition Briquettes — sixteen (16) bags, (vi) Year Supply of Scott Shop Towels — thirty (30) rolls and two work hooks, (vii) Year Supply of Tums Dual Action — twelve (12) bottles, (viii) Twenty (20) KCBS can koozies, (ix) Four (4) KCBS T-shirts, (x) Four (4) Grills Gone Wild aprons, (xi) TABASCO grilling accessories and (xii) KCBS Membership
Total ARV of all First Prizes: $4,300.
- Prize Conditions: BBQ Block Party must occur on a weekend between November 1, 2009 and November 22, 2009 or other such date as determined by Main Sponsor. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize and an alternate winner will be selected. All BBQ dates will be determined by the Main Sponsor, and once made, may not be altered except by Main Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. All documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. No payments will be made to third parties. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in or with the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on any prize is the prize winner’s responsibility. The potential prize winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”). The potential prize winner will also be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize. Such documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If Grand Prize winner fails to return such documents within the allotted time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prizes in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by Main Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package) or cash alternative permitted, except by Main Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All prizes will be awarded.
- Limitations of Liability: The Grand Prize Winner and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete on-line entries due to system errors, failures or any technical malfunctions, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Main Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Main Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Main Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing of posting of the offer or in these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of the winner, or the distribution of any prizes.
- Winners’ List: After September 30, 2009, you may obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner by consulting the KCBS Website. Results of the drawing will be removed from the KCBS Website on or about November 6, 2009.
- Sweepstakes Administrator:
MMA Creative, Inc.
705 North Dixie Ave
Cookeville, TN 38501
- Main Sponsor:
Kansas City Barbeque Society
11514 Hickman Mills Drive
Kansas City, MO 64134