- Why do you want to be a member of the KCBS Board of Directors?
As a returning member of the board I want to continue to give a voice to the judges in this organization.Over the past 3 years we have been under many pressures and several big changes that have affected everyone. I have been at every meeting of the board for the past 3 years casting my vote in the member's best interest. I want to be re-elected for one more term to represent you.
- Identify the major issues ( Cook, Judge, Organizer, Rep or Backyard Cook) in which you are involved.
As a member of the past 3 boards I have been involved with all facets in our organization.I have worked on issues in all groups above..
- Identify your major short-term goal and the major long-term goal, if elected to the Board of KCBS and your plan to implement change or improvement in order to carry out each of these goals.
The number one goal is to bring the fun back into the community. Share all the good news and bring people back together. Second goal would be to help build a stronger base under the organization so that any storm could be diverted and the organization would grow much stronger.
- The KCBS Board of Directors is a working board that spends 10-20 hours and possibly more per month in furthering the mission of KCBS depending on your role as a member of the board. If elected, please explain “ Your level of Commitment, Time and Energy “ in your role as a director.
I was elected to a 3 year term. I never missed a single meeting. I served on several committees and was the chair of several committees. I totally understand the amount of time it takes to be a good board member. I’m proud to say that it is far more than 20 hours that are being committed to KCBS on a monthly basis.
- List how you have participated in KCBS and for how long?
- Master CBJ,
- Over 100 events Judged
- Certified table captain
- Kosher Certified
- Elected to serve on the Board of Director for 3 year term, stayed true to my mission
- Served with Honor on several committees during my tenure.
- What skills do you possess that might help the KCBS Board of Directors in its mission, ie, Accounting, Legal, Marketing, etc.? How do you see using these skills as a KCBS Board of Director member?
As a retired past CEO and business owner with Bottom line responsibilities and operational awareness I can assure you that I’m a well rounded member to work on and with the KCBS board.