The Outstanding KCBS Certified Barbeque Judge Award is a prestigious recognition presented to seasoned and highly respected CBJs by the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS). This award acknowledges their exceptional expertise, dedication, and contributions to the world of competitive barbeque judging.
Nominations open on Oct. 1st, 2023 and end on Oct. 31st, 2023 for Outstanding KCBS Judge.
Click here for the application.
1) The nominee must be a KCBS member in good standing.
2) The nominee must have been a KCBS member for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years. An international judge must have been a KCBS member for three (3) consecutive years.
3) Individuals can't be self-nominated.
4) Couples aren't to be nominated on the same form.
5) One nomination person per KCBS member.
6) CBJ Master level and/or Table Captain certification is not required.
7) Must demonstrate the characteristics of friendliness and willingness to work any assigned task.
8) Must demonstrate their Ambassadorship about KCBS within and outside of the event area.
Please note that current members of the KCBS Board of Directors and the CBJ Committee are not eligible for nomination.